"Long Engine Life Starts With
Page | Place
an Order | Contact
Us | FAQ
Why buy a Reiff Preheat System?
Short answer, compared to the other brand we offer you:
- A more robust system that requires much less maintenance down the road
- A NON-INVASIVE system
- No conflicts with CHT sensors
- About HALF THE PRICE, for about the same wattage
- Nearly DOUBLE THE WARRANTY
- After the warranty expires they charge up to 5x what we do for replacement parts
GET THE PREHEAT SYSTEM THAT RUNS ON ALL CYLINDERS
- Our multi-point systems heat ALL your
cylinders at no extra cost, and do not conflict with your CHT sensors. Other brands
charge you a much higher price if your engine
has a CHT gauge installed. If you have an electronic engine monitor,
or think you may want to add one in the future, the other brand preheater
will cost you hundreds of dollars extra to convert to heating elements or
CHT sensors that will not conflict with one another.
THE MODULAR ADVANTAGE
- Our innovative and unique modular design lets you tailor a preheat
system to meet your needs and budget. Want the best? Choose
one of our integrated
multipoint systems using both cylinder and oil heaters. Already have
an oil sump heater? Then just get the
cylinder heat system - it will work with any oil heater. Live in a
mild climate? Then perhaps our oil sump heater is all you
need. We let you do it YOUR way,
and we are the only preheater company that gives you a
choice. Others sell only oil heaters, or only multi-point
- Any system can be easily upgraded to a higher
system at any time.
NO FAULT WARRANTY
- 5 years of "no fault" coverage, not 1 to 3 years "if it's your fault it's not covered" as other
- We do not require installation by an A&P
for warranty coverage to apply, as other brands do.
QUALITY & RELIABILITY
- Built rugged to withstand the brutal
conditions in the engine compartment. Highest quality components are
used, such as Teflon insulated wiring.
- All units 100% inspected and tested before shipment.
- Our system will continue functioning even if one or more
of the heating elements should quit working. Individual
elements can be easily replaced at a reasonable cost.
- "The Reiff HotBands required about six minutes each to install...
they’re easy to set up, so easy in fact that both owners and cavemen could do it." Aviation
Consumer, March 2007, pg 21
- Non-invasive installation - no engine parts
need to be removed or replaced, no engine or airframe modification required.
- Just plug in with an extension cord - no set
up required like combustion heaters
- Our systems are installed on your aircraft,
like the engine block heater on a car, so they go with
you wherever you fly.
- No more waiting for an FBO preheat.
- No more being stranded at distant airports because the
FBO isn't open or doesn't have preheat.
- Can be used with a telephone activated switch, timer, or thermostat conrol.
- Works by conduction, the safest form of heat - much safer
than gas flame heaters, space heaters, or light bulbs.
- External ground wire allows the engine and airframe to be
grounded to the electrical outlet for safety.
- UL and CSA approved components.
- A big advantage of our system is that it is non-invasive.
All our parts are installed "on" the engine. Nothing is
installed inside the engine, and you do not need to remove any OEM parts
or replace any OEM parts with our parts. For example, our
competitor's system replaces the OEM intake manifold bolts or rocker cover bolts with their own
heated bolts. These are simply hollowed out bolts with heating
elements epoxied into the hollowed out shank. The intake manifold is held to the cylinder head with only two bolts. If a hollow bolt heater breaks, that side of the intake manifold would come loose and extra air would be sucked into that cylinder, which would lean the mixture and possibly cause engine damage. As a general design
philosophy we feel it is safer not to replace parts that were installed by
the engine manufacturer, especially structural parts like bolts.
- Our main competitor's systems
cost about TWICE AS MUCH AS OURS for about the same wattage, and replacement parts up to 5 times more (see price
comparison chart). We place a high priority on helping to keep flying affordable.
- Costs about 3 cents per hour to operate.
- Pays for itself quickly since no more expensive FBO
preheats are needed, and your engine life is extended.
- An engine heater purchase should be considered an
INVESTMENT, not an expense. If preheating extends your
engine's life just 10%, the preheat system will have paid
for itself several times over.
- We have been producing electric preheaters since 1992. With about
25,000 systems and 100,000 heating elements in
service all over the world, we have a track record and experience you
can have confidence in.
- Developed by a Master's degreed engineer who has over
35 years of experience as a cold weather pilot.
A batch of HotBand cylinder heaters
We have made nearly 70,000 of these since 1996.
A batch of preheat systems being
Shipping department... about 200
systems on the shelves boxed and ready to ship - usually the same day
they are ordered
Main Page | Place
an Order | Contact Us | FAQ
Last updated 6/6/2015