"Long Engine Life Starts With
Page | Place
an Order | Contact
Us | FAQ
Makes silicone pads obsolete!!
HotStrip Oil Sump Heater
US Patent 6,232,577
The HotStrip System includes two
100w elements, thermostat, power cord, epoxy.
element is 4" x 1.5" x 1/8" and only
- This is the best oil sump heater on the market. Due to the metal construction it is much more durable
and more tolerant
of high heat and installation errors than silicone pads
are, and it is lighter and less bulky than thick metal plate heaters.
- Thin and lightweight
like a silicone
pad, but made of aluminum for maximum durability.
easily with high temp epoxy.
- Bonds to the bottom or side of the oil
sump and electrically heats the oil. Heat is then
transferred by conduction and convection to the rest of
the engine (an engine cover or blanket over the cowling
is recommended for best results).
- Better heat transfer than silicone pads -
aluminum conducts heat 1000 times better than
- Thermostat bonds to sump to prevent overheating (Turbo Systems and HotStrip System). Mounting it remotely on the
sump rather than built-in to the heater means it measures the oil temp
more accurately, and allows easy replacement if needed.
- Unique modular design allows adding heaters if extra
heat is needed, and allows easy component replacement.
- Dual heating elements for redundancy - if one fails you don't
lose all your heat.
- Can be removed and rebonded at overhaul time
(silicone pad heaters usually
- NOTE - the metal HotStrip elements must be
installed on a flat surface. For small Continental engines with the
oval oil sump (kidney tank), see here Oval
Oil Sump Heaters
did we develop the HotStrip, is there something wrong with silicone pads?
this heater be left plugged in all the time?
Main Page | Place
an Order | Contact Us | FAQ
Last updated 1/29/10